Aluna Artist Membership
The annual Aluna Artist Membership gives individual artists a discount on rehearsal space rental at Aluna’s Macondo studio for an entire year. They are also invited to attend Aluna’s Annual General Meeting. Membership dues are not eligible for charitable receipts.
Artist memberships must be arranged individually – please email for details at email@example.com.
Theatre Creators’ Reserve
DEADLINE : October 15, 2015
Aluna Theatre is a recommender to the Ontario Arts Council Theatre Creators’ Reserve Program. This means that we are taking applications from individual artists (and informal collectives of creators) based in Ontario who are seeking assistance in the development of new work. We are recommending from $1000 to $2500 maximum per artist, to allow artists time to create.
Artists have no commitment to Aluna Theatre under this program – the work is of the artist, and there is no obligation to work on it with Aluna. Our choices in making our recommendations, however, will be guided by Aluna’s mandate and artistic mission.
To promote and encourage the participation of Latin American artists in this program, and especially newly arrived theatre professionals, we accept applications both in English and Spanish.
- The creator/playwright is a professional artist who has a history of presentation or publication in Canada or abroad
- The work is socially relevant and deals with issues that Aluna Theatre values most such as: human rights, equity, and peace
- Stories from around the world are welcome
- An artist or collective may submit a proposal. However, collectives must have a history of creation
- The proposed project may be text and/or performance based
- Proposals are accepted from emerging and/or established artists
- Proposals are accepted from theatre creators that are not necessarily writers but who wish to explore the creation of new work – designers wishing to initiate a work from a design perspective for example
- Priority is given to work that reflects Canada’s cultural diversity
Submissions must include:
- One page project description of what you intend to do – include why this project is relevant to your work and to the theatre community at large
- Work samples – writers please submit a maximum a 20 pages of text. If you are applying for an ongoing project, please submit a sample of the work-in-progress
- For non-text based projects please submit a description of your vision including staging ideas etc. =
- Work samples may include a maximum of three images and/or a DVD (maximum 10 minutes in length)
- A budget indicating the amount requested with an explanation of how much time is estimated to complete the project and why. Please note that a reasonable subsistence allowance is a maximum $2000 per month
- Ontario Arts Council Submission Form
Successful applicants should be notified within a month of the deadline.
Please address your application to:
Theatre Creators’ Reserve
1 Wiltshire Ave. Unit 124
Toronto ON, M6N 2V7